How to cook bagel bites in an air fryer
Bagel Bites are a popular snack that combines the flavors of pizza and bagels. These bite-sized treats come in a variety of flavors to suit different tastes. While traditional methods of cooking Bagel Bites include using an oven, toaster, or microwave, you can also get great results by cooking them in an air fryer. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions for cooking Bagel Bites in an air fryer, as well as other useful information about these snacks.
What are Bagel Bites?
Bagel Bites are small snacks that combine the concepts of bagels and pizza. They were invented by Bob Mosher and Stanley Garkzynski in 1985 and have since become a popular choice for a quick and tasty snack. Kraft Heinz currently owns Bagel Bites, which come in six varieties: Cheese & Pepperoni, Cheese, Sausage & Pepperoni, Mozzarella, Three Cheese, Extreme Nacho and Supreme. There are also Breakfast Bagel Bites, which contain typical breakfast ingredients such as eggs, cheese and bacon. These snacks are packaged in various sizes, from 9 to 40 pieces per package, and come with cooking instructions.
How to store Bagel Bites
To ensure the longevity of your Bagel Bites, it is recommended that you place them in the freezer as soon as you bring them home. When stored properly, Bagel Bites will keep in the freezer for at least 12 months. However, keep in mind that the taste and texture of the snacks may deteriorate over time. The “best by” date printed on the package is an estimate of when the product will retain its optimal taste and texture. If you have leftover Bagel Bites that need to be returned to the freezer, be sure to store them properly to avoid freezer burn. You can wrap the box or bites in plastic wrap or transfer them to an airtight bag. Before cooking Bagel Bites that have been stored for an extended period of time, check for signs of spoilage such as discoloration or severe freezer burn.
Three things to know before cooking Bagel Bites
Before you start cooking Bagel Bites, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Ensure the correct cooking temperature: Regardless of the cooking method you choose, it is important to ensure that the Bagel Bites reach a temperature of 165°F (74°C). Using a food thermometer can help you monitor the internal temperature. With experience, you will learn to use visual cues alone to tell when the snacks are cooked properly.
- Adjust cooking time for different varieties: The baking time for Bagel Bites may vary depending on the variety you are cooking. Some flavors, such as Supreme and Mozzarella, may require a few extra minutes to fully cook. Always refer to the cooking instructions on the package to determine the appropriate cooking time.
- Consider serving size: A serving of Bagel Bites is typically four pieces. Keep this in mind when cooking for your family or guests and adjust accordingly.
Can you make Bagel Bites in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook Bagel Bites in an air fryer. An air fryer is a popular appliance for those who want to enjoy fried foods with less oil. While Bagel Bites do not require oil to cook, using an air fryer may result in crispier bites due to the hot circulating air. Cooking Bagel Bites in an air fryer does not significantly alter their flavor, but it does improve their texture by crisping the outside while ensuring the inside is thoroughly cooked.
How to cook Bagel Bites in an air fryer
Follow these step-by-step instructions to cook Bagel Bites in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the desired number of Bagel Bites from the package.
- Place the Bagel Bites in a single layer in the fryer basket, leaving enough space between each piece to cook evenly.
- Place the basket in the fryer and cook the Bagel Bites for 5-6 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, check the Bagel Bites to make sure they are not overcooked.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the Bagel Bites from the fryer and let rest for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Bagel Bites Air Fryer Time
The recommended cooking time for Bagel Bites in an air fryer is 5-6 minutes at 375°F (190°C). However, it is important to note that air fryers can vary in their cooking times and temperatures, so it is always a good idea to keep an eye on the snacks as they cook to avoid overcooking or undercooking.
Other ways to cook bagel bites
In addition to air frying, you can cook Bagel Bites using other methods such as the oven, toaster oven, or microwave. Here is a brief description of each method:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the Bagel Bites on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Toaster Oven: Preheat your toaster oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the Bagel Bites on a toaster oven-safe tray or rack. Toast for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Microwave: Place desired number of Bagel Bites on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bites are heated through.
Bagel Bites are a delicious and convenient snack that can be enjoyed using a variety of cooking methods, including the air fryer. By following the step-by-step instructions in this article, you can easily cook Bagel Bites to perfection whether you use an air fryer, oven, toaster, or microwave. Remember to adjust the cooking time for different varieties and make sure the snacks reach a temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption. Enjoy your homemade Bagel Bites as a tasty treat or a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
Can I make Bagel Bites in an air fryer?
Yes, you can definitely cook Bagel Bites in an air fryer. The hot circulating air in an air fryer helps create a crispy texture while ensuring that the inside of the bites are thoroughly cooked.
What temperature and time should I use to cook Bagel Bites in an air fryer?
Preheat your fryer to 375°F (190°C) and cook Bagel Bites for approximately 5-6 minutes. However, cooking times may vary slightly depending on your fryer model and desired crispiness. Keep an eye on the bites as they cook to avoid overcooking.
Do I need to add oil when cooking Bagel Bites in an air fryer?
No, you do not need to add oil when cooking Bagel Bites in an air fryer. The bites are crispy because of the hot circulating air inside the appliance.
Do Bagel Bites cooked in an air fryer taste as good as those cooked in an oven?
Yes, Bagel Bites cooked in an air fryer can be just as delicious as those cooked in an oven. The air fryer helps achieve a crispy exterior while maintaining the delicious flavors of the bites. However, cooking time and texture may vary slightly from oven-baked Bagel Bites.
Can I use different flavors of Bagel Bites in an air fryer?
Absolutely! You can use any flavor of Bagel Bites in an air fryer. Whether you prefer Cheese & Pepperoni, Mozzarella, or any other variety, the air fryer cooking method works well for all flavors.
Can I store cooked Bagel Bites in the freezer?
While it is possible to store cooked Bagel Bites in the freezer, it is generally recommended that they be stored uncooked. This ensures the best quality and texture when reheated. If you have leftovers, allow them to cool completely before placing in an airtight container and freezing. When ready to enjoy, simply reheat the frozen Bagel Bites in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through.